Subsidized Prices of all Assessments
Accurate diagnosis of learning disabilities is necessary in order to distinguish this disorder from other potential causes of the presenting symptoms or problems. It is also necessary to document the child’s strengths and to identify needs that result from impairments in specific psychological processes. Accurate diagnosis is fundamental to the development of specialized interventions at home, school, community, and workplace settings.
The attempt of the Dyslexia Association of India™ is to ensure that effective services to help children and youth succeed academically, socially, behaviorally, and emotionally are implemented with precision and efficiency.
The DAI™ used a multi tiered, high quality, assessment procedure which gives you an accurate estimate of your childs psycoeducational and neuropsychological abilities.
Parents whose children are not performing to the expectation of their observed level of intelligence must understand a few points.
• Specific learning disabilities are endogenous in nature and are characterized by neurologically based deficits in cognitive processes.
• These deficits are specific; that is, they impact particular cognitive processes that interfere with the acquisition of academic skills.
• Specific learning disabilities are heterogeneous—there are various types of learning disabilities, and there is no single defining academic or cognitive deficit or characteristic common to all types of specific learning disabilities.
• Specific learning disabilities may coexist with other disabling conditions (e.g., sensory deficits, language impairment, behavior problems), but are not primarily due to these conditions.
• Of children identified as having specific learning disabilities, the great majority (over 80%) have a disability in the area of reading.
• Early intervention can reduce the impact of many specific learning disabilities.
• Specific learning disabilities vary in their degree of severity, and moderate to severe learning disabilities can be expected to impact performance throughout the life span.
• The Multitier system of student support that the Dyslexia Association of India™ provides have been effective, as part of comprehensive approach to meet students’ academic needs.
• Identification of and instruction for children suspected of having a Learning Disability needs to be implemented within the context of an evidence-based multitiered service delivery system. The systems Offered by the DAI™ provide high quality and timely educational strategies, and a continuum of database academic and behavioral instruction for children with learning problems.
Amongst other options the DAI™ also provides assessments based on the Cattell-Horn-Carroll position which has narrowed the intelligence theory-testing gap. This is a consensus-based, comprehensive, empirically validated working taxonomy of human cognitive elements.
The main test areas for an extremely contemporary and, comprehensive,
Individually administered intelligence test batteries would include.
1. Differential Abilities Scales—2nd Editions.
2. Stanford—Binet Intelligence Scale—5th Editions, SB5.
3. Kaufman Assessment Battery for Children—2nd Editions KABC-II.
4. Woodcock-Johnson Battery— IV (COG/ACH)
5. Wechsler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence –IV.
6. Wechsler Intelligence scale for Children –IV
7. Comprehensive test of phonological processing – CTOPP
8. Reynolds Intellectual Assessment Scales.
The Dyslexia Association Of India™ conducts these assessments or any other assessment if required at very subsidized rates and much below the published rates in the sections below - and every child is screened very throughly.
The primary aim of the trust is to help children achieve and all payments are exempt from income tax under section 12A and 80G of the IT act.
The charges are such that they can accommodate individuals from all walks of life so that no child is left behind.
Our assessments are performed by professionals registered with the RCI, MCI and the DMC and valid for submission to the C.B.S.E in case the child is discovered to have a Specific Learning Disability.
Autism Spectrum Disorders
Cognitive Achievement and learning
Development & Adaptive Behavior
Social Emotional & Behavioral Isues